Thatcher Associates are looking for a career driven Bid Coordinator/ Administrator to work for a firmly established regional contractor based in South Wales office location based on the M4 Corridor.
We are looking for a Bid Coordinator who is able to forge and maintain strong working relationships with all members of the team and external consultants and clients.
You will ideally have previous experience working in a high volume fast paced document production role. Previous experience as a Bid Coordinator isn't essential, this appointment may suit an administrator based within the construction sector who is looking for a career change, or a marketing graduate who is looking to find a role that will offer progression and market exposure.
As Bid Coordinator your main focuses will be formulating bid presentations, from evaluating the initial inquiry with the BD team/ Commercial team, tracking and managing the progress of works and presenting final bids to clients as required. You will help manage the content and will head up the preparation of PQQ and Quality Submissions. You will be providing support to business development, tendering and business line managers throughout the bid process life-cycle. Your main focus will be to bring a creative visually pleasing finish to company submissions.
- Coordinate responses for pre-qualification and tender submissions within the specified deadline
- Draft and review bid submission content, ensuring all bids are submitted on time and fully compliant with the requirements.
- Communicating with operational and commercial teams to ensure bid compliance
- Ensure all pre-qualification and tender submissions adhere to corporate branding specifications and are produced using agreed templates
- Coordinate clarification questions, forward to the client and monitor responses.
- Maintain bid information ensure the information accurately reflects the opportunity status.
- Coordinate the production of information packs for awarded contract/projects handovers in accordance with the company project management manual.
- Prepares regular status reports on on-going tendering and evaluation activities undertaken by
- Performs other related duties as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Microsoft Office Professional skills including PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of PDF Writing Software
- Experience and background in tender and proposal coordination and preparation
- The ability to produce high standard work which meets the client and business requirements.
- Effective time management skills as required to attain budget and timescale restraints set forward by the project requirements and the ability to perform successfully in a challenging work environment.
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- A creative forward thinker who promotes new ideas, improvement and progressive initiative.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry
- Bid Writing/ Coordinating in a commercial environment
- InDesign knowledge
- Degree qualified in project management, Business, marketing, procurement and contracts etc.
- Working for a contractor or developer current
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please click ‘apply’. Alternatively, for a confidential and non-committal discussion, please feel free to call Fiona on 0117 934 9555.