Document Controller/ Pre-Construction Administrator wanted Gloucester!
I am working with a successful main contractor who has started their search for an experienced Document Controller to support their Estimating team in Gloucestershire.
This is a permanent office based role, not an on-site potion.
You will essentially be completely responsible for all document control and admin support for the Estimating and Pre-Construction team. The Document Controller you will be the main point of call for implementing and retrieving any documentation from their in-house filling system. You will also be responsible for the organization of project documents on up-and-coming schemes assisting the Senior Estimator on projects up to £50 million.
This role you involves having to support numerous colleges supporting the who pre-construction team with all their tender administration and you will be expected to coordinate with the various departments within the company and ensuring that all documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to the relevant parties.
- You will have strong organisational skills and will have previous experience working with effective filing. You will also have the ability to monitor and evaluate systems and to look for possible improvements.
- Good communication skills are also key - you will be required to coordinate information from various departments.
- A willingness to learn new skills, you will be working alongside a design team and as such, they will be looking to train you on relevant design software to ensure you understand the basic uses.
- Setting up project filling systems;
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Checking the quality of documents;
- Monitoring portals and downloading and printing tender documents and clarifications;
- Preparing enquires for subcontractors providing relevant drawings and paperwork;
- Monitoring processes;
- Producing listings;
- Taking and circulating meeting minutes;
- General clerical duties including typing, photocopying and binding documents;
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence/post;
- Handle requests for information and data;
- Answering the telephone and directing calls;
- Booking and logging meetings;
Previous Experience or skills required:
- Excellent understanding of computer filing and ideally have good experience with external IT collaborations systems such as “Viewpoint”;
- Knowledge of 4Projects software;
- Aiding consultants on their use/implementation of Viewpoint;
- Good organizational skills;
- Experience working with a main contractor or developer is preferable;
- High attention to detail while working accurately under pressure;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Good written and spoken communicative abilities;
- Able to give direction when needed;
- Diary management.
The role requires a minimum of GCSE’s (A-C)/S grades (1-3) including English. Ideally, you will have a degree or a Higher National Diploma in a relevant subject for this area but this is not mandatory.
If this is of interest to you, please get in touch! Click \'apply\' or alternatively call Fiona on 0117 934 9555 for a confidential discussion of this opportunity.